The Women's Alliance of Ladakh is in the process of building a new training centre in Leh. This centre will be used for training in Ama-les traditional skills and income generation activities.
WAL is also seeking funding to purchase a vehicle for travelling and transportation as this is highly expensive for us.
Donate to help continue our work in person at the WAL centre or to the following account:
Account # 10942146412
State Bank of India
Branch- Leh, Ladakh
When in Leh:
· View the documentary ‘Ancient Futures: Learning from Ladakh’ screened daily (except Sundays) at Women's Alliance of Ladakh, Sankar Road Chubi, Leh at 3pm during the summer season. A selection of other documentaries are also screened at 11am.
· Volunteer during the summer season in the Local Food Café or for WAL’s other projects.
· Respect local culture
· Say no to plastics! Plastic bags are banned in Leh.
· Save water
· Conserve energy
· Limit vehicle use to reduce pollution
· Support the local economy when you shop and eat
· Spread the word!